Friday, January 8, 2010

Mommy & Me Swim, Two Piece, & “AE” Herbal Tea

“It” had been on my task list long enough. The “it” was enrolling Welansa and I in a “Mommy & Me Swim Class”. I had my reasons for delaying the enrollment. The class starts at 8:30am on a Saturday morning (way to early for me) and who wants to go swimming and then afterwards step out into 30-degree weather (surely not me). Lately, Welansa has been all over the place so I figured the swim class which has a 30 minute gym session afterward would help her channel some of that energy in a more positive direction.

I enrolled in the class this week only to have a “light bulb” moment. I have never seen any of the mommy’s wearing a two-piece bathing suit in the class. Oh no. I don’t have a one-piece bathing suit. That’s right I said it. I still wear and love my two-piece bathing suits. Some are more scandalous than others. So now I have to find a one-piece bathing suit.

Now where does the “AE” herbal tea come into play? After I had Welansa, women would approach me and want to know my “secret”. “What secret? ” They wanted to know how I lost so much weight after “having” Welansa. According to them everything was where it should be, my stomach was still flat, and I still had my coke bottle figure. My response was an “AE” herbal tea I purchased from the health food store. I didn’t want to lie but I didn’t want to tell the entire truth. After all I don’t have to share how Welansa and I became a family to every stranger on the street.

AE herbal tea is not really a tea but a culmination of paperwork, money, emotions, and the greatest gift God could ever give me, Welansa. “AE” is ADOPTION ETHIOPIA. The adoption process kept me slim in trim between waiting, worrying, preparing, planning, decorating, shopping and all the other things associated with adoption I ate less or at times over ate. Most of the times I ate less but there were times when Chocolate Hagen Daz ice cream, puffy cheese doodles, Pepsi and I met in the kitchen for a late night rendezvous. One of the best things about adoption is the ability to keep everything tight and standing upright.

Well gotta go get me a one piece. But thank God for “AE” herbal tea, I can still wear my two-piece if I want to.

4 comments:

kmr said...

You Funny.

Angela said...

I love this post! You go Brenda!

Gracie's Mom said...

Too funny Brenda, I luv it!

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

I agree, very funny post. And I'm jealous that you can wear a two piece. I love to swim but hate to put on a swimming suit....of any kind.