Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Praying for Haiti



Please keep all of the people affected by the earthquake in Haiti in your PRAYERS. I was reminded again today to shut up and stop complaining. I am so blessed. Someone in Haiti just lost a son, a daughter, a mother, a father, an aunt, an uncle, a cousin and a friend. Someone just lost their home, their job, or may be in need of medical assistance.

Today I contacted my friends who may have been affected by earthquake. Milian was an older gentleman who worked in my Department for a number of years. He was forced out of Haiti because of his political beliefs but continues to travel back and fourth to help those less fortunate in his country. His family in Haiti are fine but he can’t reach his childhood friend and part of his home collapsed.

Welansa and I went to check on the neighbors the Bobo’s. When the weather is nice Mrs. Bobo meets Welansa outside and walks her to the car. She loves Welansa dearly. All of her family members are fine.

My sister’s neighborhood has a high population of Haitians. When Welansa is outside in the yard she loves to greet people as they walk by. Tonight I can hear some of the Haitian neighbors speaking to Welansa with their French accents. “Hello darling have a good day”. I hope and pray the neighbors loved one are okay.

The Earthquake affected 1 out of every 3 people in Haiti.

HAITI YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda-
I couldn't agree more.
I lost alot at the end of 2009 but I am still alive and kicking.
We (Americans) are truly Blessed but we take alot for granted.
Since the earthquake; I pray that GOD bless the people of Haiti to be able to get a glass of water and some food. It is so sad because many of them didn't have much to start with but they will survive.

Enjoy your week.
Sen