Monday, July 13, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise


Sunday morning while eating pancakes with Welansa (remember pancakes are reserved for the weekends) a tall and handsome man opened my door and entered my apartment. At first I was startled and with no contacts lenses it took me a few seconds to determine who this guy was. No it was not Idris Elba although he is part Ghanaian like Idris. It was my brother John. My brother along with his wife and 3 of their 5 boys drove from the ATL to spend the week in New York. Excited is not the word. I love to see Welansa playing with her cousins. She is my mom’s youngest and only granddaughter. She has six cousins and all of them are BOYS. They love her dearly.
Welansa was meant to be in this family. She is loud, aggressive, and strong. Just the way I like it. She does not let her cousins take advantage of her either. Her cousins were playing with her kitchen set and she loudly said, “excuse me” and squeezed her way in the middle. My girl is no joke.
I can’t wait to see what the rest of the week brings. I have a feeling it will be one of the best weeks ever!
I am going to need some earplugs though.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I like feisty girls too. She has to be a little feisty around a family of boys. Go Welansa!

Hav fun with your family.

Queen Diva said...

Brenda,

I love the picture you have posted of your daughter! She is beautiful.

Andrea

tenne said...

I have to confess that my heart would beat a little bit quicker, seeing your brother walk through my door! Good looks certainly run through your family.
Terri