Friday, July 3, 2009

Great Book - The Return


I am currently reading “The Return” by Sonia Levitin. The book is about an Ethiopian Jewish girl named Desta who flees Ethiopia in order to survive.

Have you ever looked at your little one and asked:

How did you get so stubborn?
Where does your strong will come from?
Where does your determination come from?

Once you read the book you will see it is innate. In order for Desta to survive she had to be stubborn, strong will, and determined.

If you are looking for a good read I recommend the book highly. I don’t know if she makes it. I haven’t finished the book yet and if I did I wouldn’t tell. Reading is fundamental so you can find out for yourself.

Now that my girl has turned two I often wonder where does her stubbornness, strong will, and determination come from? The other day I was speaking with her Godmother, who is also Ethiopian, about her stubbornness. She assured me it was in the blood. I guess she knows from experience.

Innate stubbornness + Terrific Two’s = Lots of love, patience, and a time out chair !

0 comments: