Friday, July 10, 2009

Single Parenting = Losing Your Mind

I think I am losing it:

I keep calling my cat (Nekay) Welansa.
I keep calling my daughter (Welansa) Nekay.
I took Welansa to the sitter without a diaper.
I combed my hair and went to work only to find there was still a roller in my hair.
I have looked franticly for keys that were found in the cat’s toy basket (I put them there)
I have freaked out over loosing a cell phone that I put in the dashboard of my car 15minutes prior
I have gone to a room to look for something and forgot what I was looking for.
I put shoes on Welansa that were the same but different sizes
I have forgotten on many occasions where I parked my car.
I have taken the right train but in the wrong direction.
And finally drum roll please…. I have forgotten my age at times. I literally have to do the math.

Please don’t judge me but continue to love and pray for me. A maid, cook, washer and dryer in my apartment, Idris Elba and 10 additional hours in the day would help too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY!!

Angela said...

Oh, I know the feeling. I can't keep up with myself right now either! You're normal or either both of us have problems. lol.

kmr said...

Ha. Idris Elba. He is on a lot wish lists.
I don't have a child and I do those things. I think its because we have soo much on our plates.

Unknown said...

You know I am always praying for you. Keep your head up.

tenne said...

Its called mommy brain. 99% of your brain is used up by worrying and thinking about your child(ren) and that doesn't leave much for anything else.

I'm told it gets better when they grow up but by then I'll be old and senile so no-one will notice a difference.
Terri

Orange Girl said...

I did lots of those things pre-Isa as well. Single parenting has simply made my already scattered mind even more like Swiss cheese. :)

Katie

Christina said...

Girl, I'm right there with you! LOL!