Wednesday, February 3, 2010

She’s Back

Actually Welansa has been home for a while. My mother had some important business to take care of so they returned on 24th instead of the 30th. I missed her but honestly she could have stayed another week. That’s right I said it. I missed my girl dearly but I was starting to enjoy being childless. I slept later, took the express train instead of the local train, went out a few times, and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. I use to be such a neat freak. However, all of my freakiness went out of the window once Welansa arrived.

Welansa had a blast in the ATL. Because she is the only girl she was soooo spoiled and loved. Her five cousins took excellent care of her. I truly believe that Welansa was meant to be in MY family. She fits right in. My brother’s boys are rough, high energy, sweet, stubborn and funny. Welansa has every one of these qualities. She loved trying to ride Rocky, the white Labrador. My brother had her outside almost everyday playing baseball, soccer and basketball. I was told she would come in the house looking like a “hot mess”. My mother was afraid that her cousins would be too aggressive for her. Her concerns were quickly put to rest. It was she who did the pushing and her cousins never pushed or hit her back. She even mouthed off at her 20 year old cousin Charles. He told her to brush her teeth and she said to him “calm down Charles, calm down”. Charles has a twin brother named John and she was able to tell them apart.

She had a blast. I am already making arrangements for her to spend 2 weeks in the summer !!!!!


(Welansa, and ALL of her cousins - Kyle, John, Charles, Akil, Amir, Asan)

4 comments:

kmr said...

I love that you are so honest. Glad to hear that Welansa had a great trip and that you enjoyed yourself while she was away.

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

I'm glad you both enjoyed your time. Your baby looks so happy and just surrounded by boy love. What a lucky girl.

Angela said...

That is so cute! The only girl among all those boys. Man...she's got to run things...can't help it.

Still can't believe she's the only girl.

Sweet Patience said...

Cute Picture! I am glad that she had a ball "down south". Let me know next time you are coming this way.