Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Doctors Kit Worked – No More Tears



Every time I took Welansa to the doctor’s office she would cry as soon as the doctor walked into the exam room. Thank God we don’t have to go that often. I actually thought I had a super baby. However, I was informed by the doctor that because she is not in daycare she is less susceptible to ear infections and colds.

My friend gave me a play doctor’s kit that included amongst other things a stethoscope, thermometer, needle, and band-aids. And no the needle was not sharp. Two weeks before the visit we started playing with the kit. I demonstrated how Dr. Sheppard would examine her chest and back with the stethoscope and allowed her to practice on me. We also took the kit to the doctor’s office. She looked so cute walking into the office.

Well it worked. When Dr. Sheppard walked into the exam room she was apprehensive at first but she did not cry !!!!The doctor’s kit REALLY worked or maybe my girl is getting older.

0 comments: