Friday, October 9, 2009

Celebrating Referrals

October 11, 2007, was the first time I laid eyes on my daughter. The subject line read “Introducing Welansa”. Are you kidding me, there was no need for an introduction.

I had been waiting for THIS moment. All of could do was stare and smile. I was over the moon. I am not sure if I did any work that day. I spent most of the day introducing Welansa to family and friends via email. It would be 3 months and 8 days until I could hold Welansa in my arms.

I am sure every family celebrates “referral day” in different ways. My mother and sister love to shop so they celebrated the occasion by going to Macy’s to buy baby clothes. I love to plan and organize so I developed a spreadsheet, which included a task list of items that I needed to complete in order to finish the nursery. I purchased several items for the nursery but refused to set it up until I got the referral.

I would love to hear how you celebrated your referral.

2 comments:

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

YAY! Happy referral anniversary. I love to hear everybodies stories and reactions. A spreadsheet that is too funny!

Monica

tenne said...

We got our referral at 9:00 PM so it was too late to go out. But we emailed the referral pictures our friends who had written us letters of reference and phoned our famiies. It was such a special night, I remember my hands shaking so bad as I openned the email.