Monday, October 19, 2009

It's His Fault

Well it finally happened. Welansa had her 1st major fall tonight. My girl is truly a super toddler (I know I am bias). She rarely gets sick and we have kept the bumps and bruises to a minimum. Besides the one scar on her knee, I think she has a pretty good track record until tonight. My arms are always full of stuff when we walk in the door. Tonight was no exception. I had my brief case, pocket book, Welansa’s baby bag, and a shopping bag (thank God Welansa can walk). I think all of the stuff weighs more than I do.

When I opened the door my cat (Pa Pa) ran out of the house. On most occasions I would not rush to bring him in but the other day I saw 4 little kittens in the yard and I did not want Pa Pa to start a fight with them. I sat everything at the top of the step and told Welansa to stay right there and in true fashion she stood there and said “and don’t move”. This girl knows her mommy well. I put the cat in the house and while closing the door Welansa lost her footing and fell down the entire flight of stairs.

My heart stopped and I let out a big scream. I know I should not have panicked but it is hard to stand there in silence when you watch a piece of you take such a hard fall. I can’t explain how I felt to see her fall and land at the bottom of the step. Of course she cried and the first thing I did was to check for any bruises or bumps. Thank God she was okay. No bumps no bruises. But I was extremely nervous the remainder of the night. After a 2 minute cry she was back to herself as if nothing happened. I was advised by my mom not to let her go to sleep for a while. Not sure if this is true but nonetheless I allowed her to stay up past her bedtime. As a special treat I allowed her to watch Dancing With the Stars. She loved watching the dancers and tried to emulate some of their moves.

As for Pa Pa I was so pissed off at him. But when you see that cute face you can’t stay mad at him for long.



I'm sorry!




Please forgive me!

7 comments:

Gracie's Mom said...

Thank God your baby was ok. I know exactly how that feels. When Gracie was about 6 or 7 months old she stood up and fell out of her cosleeper. I thought I was gonna pass out. I was screaming louder than she was. Thank God my mom was there (I'd just had surgery) to keep things under control. She was fine not a scratch on her but still it scared the heck outta me.

The Richards said...

Oh MY! I'm glad she's alright. Oh my, I can't shake the vision in my mind of her tumbling. That's a scary one, but again kids are much more resilient than we imagine. We would have been in a body caste this morning.

kmr said...

I am glad she is okay. I got nervous reading the post.

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Oh Brenda,

I'm so sorry your poor baby fell. It's terrible isn't when they get hurt? Glad to hear that she was without injury.

tenne said...

It takes nerves of steel to be a parent some days. That heart in your mouth feeling can be very ugly. I'm glad to hear she is okay.

Single PAP said...

yikes! that is scary. glad she is ok. your cat is super cute, though. btw, your counter has all 2s. 2years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days!

Brenda said...

Thanks everybody for your well wishes !!!