Monday, October 26, 2009

Family & Friends Weekend

Welansa enjoyed seeing her cousin this weekend. As soon as she saw Kyle she smiled and ran into his arms. I could tell they both missed each other. Not sure why I brought a stroller because Kyle carried her around the entire time. I believe he was using my Welansa in order to get attention from the girls. It was evident that Welansa made Kyle very popular with the young ladies. Welansa even sat on his lap for some of the classes. The teachers didn’t mind.

I had a chance to sit in on a few of Kyle’s classes. Boy does this stuff bring back memories. Welansa and Kyle had a busy class schedule.

Art – She sat on Kyle's lap the entire time, ate an apple, and drew a picture.
Chemistry – She feel asleep. I guess she had enough of the periodic table.
Algebra – She decided to count from 1 – 20 in the middle of the class.
English – The teacher was writing on the board with some colorful markers and Welansa decided she wanted one. The conversation went like this:
Welansa – Mommy I want markers
Mommy – Shh. The teacher is talking
Welansa – Mommy I wants markers
Mommy – The teacher needs her markers
Welansa – I go ask her
Mommy – Okay
Welansa gets off of my lap, walks to the front of the room, taps the teacher on her leg, and says “I want marker, please” Who could resist that face so the teacher gave her a marker and sat her in front of the class while she drew a picture. What confidence !!!

Boarding School is a lot of responsibility and requires children to be very independent. I imagine that most parents miss their children. Would you allow your child to attend boarding school?

Kyle was home schooled by my mother for the 1st part of elementary school. He has always been advanced academically so when he transferred into a regular school setting he acted a fool. He corrected the teachers if they used improper English, cracked jokes, talked all the time because he already knew the material, and did not apply himself. He needed to be challenged. Now he is among his peers and has no time to be acting a fool. Although I was told that he is still correcting his teachers and on most occasions has been right in his corrections.


Welansa & Kyle in English Class

Welansa in Math Class

4 comments:

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

The cousins looked like they had a great visit.

I don't think I'd be able to send my child to boarding school. Selfish I know but I'd miss her too much :-). From the looks of your nepohew I don't think he needs any help with the ladies :-) very handsome young man.

Angela said...

I agree, your nephew is a doll. The girls just needed a little ice breaker. lol.

Gracie's Mom said...

I also agree that your nephrew is quite a cutie. So glad your baby girl had a good time. I'm still can't let Gracie go to nursery school so I know boarding school would be out of the question lol.

kmr said...

I am so glad that you guys had a great weekend. Your nephew seems to be so sweet. You are lucky, so is the litte one.